Welcome to the Turkey Strut 5K!
- Date: November 26, 2015
- Location: Winston-Salem, NC
- Race Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Race Distance: 5K, 1 Mile Fun Run
- Online registration Closes: Tuesday, November 24 at 9am
Besides being a great event, the Turkey Strut collects food for Second Harvest Food Bank. All participants are required to bring at least 3 canned goods. A portion of your entry fee also goes to this great cause. You can learn more about them by visiting them online.
NEW COURSE AND NEW VENUE THIS YEAR! We have outgrown the old venue and upgraded to a new venue – Winston-Salem’s very own W-S Fairgrounds. We now can accommodate all participants and future participants parking needs at the W-S Fairgrounds and the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
The Turkey Strut 5K takes place on Thanksgiving Day morning. It features a USATF Certified 5K course and a 1 mile fun run/walk. Finally, you don’t have to sit around the house all day waiting for the turkey to finish baking. Place that turkey in the oven and come join the fun at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds. Be sure to register early; this event sells out every year!
The race will begin at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds off Deacon Blvd just across the street from BB&T Field/Stadium. With the incredible year to year growth of this event we have designed the new course to accommodate the participants and families. The course runs near BB&T Field/Stadium, Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and the Deacon Baseball field stadium. Given that the course is USATF Certified, final run times will go toward state and national records.
Bring your family and out-of-town guests for a great start to the Thanksgiving morning. Strollers and dogs are welcome to join the fun!
The awards are very unique for this event. Turkeys will be given to the Top 3 Overall Male & Female and Top 3 Overall Masters Male & Female.
- $22 – September 1-30
- $27 – October 1-31
- $30 – November 1-race day
- Fun Run $10 (NO SHIRT) – September 1-race day
- Fun Run $18 (WITH SHIRT) – September 1-race day
Once a date is reached the price will increase to the next tier.
- Wednesday, November 25 (3:00 pm – 7:00 PM)
Wednesday, November 25 (3:00 PM – 7:00 PM)
at Fleet Feet Sports located at:
278 Harvey Street
(next to LA Fitness on Stratford Road)
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
- Thursday, November 26 (7:30 AM – 8:30 AM)
at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum/Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
2825 University Pkwy
Winston Salem, NC 27105
- 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM – Wed (11/26) Packet Pick Up at Fleet Feet Sports
- 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM – Thu (11/27) Packet Pick Up at Race Site
- 8:30 AM – Fun Run
- 9:00 AM – 5K
- 10:00 AM – Awards
The 1 Mile Fun Run will not be timed. A clock will be running at the finish.
- Top 3 Male/Female
- Top 3 Masters Male/Female
- Top 3 Age Group M/F
Age Groups: 0-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+
Fun Run – Top 1 Male/Female to cross the finish line.
- Custom designed long sleeve race shirt
- Dryfit 100% polyester
- All participants will receive a shirt. If you register on site, and we are out of shirts, then we will place an additional order and mail you a shirt
- No shirts for the fun run but finishers will receive a medal
Policies and Refunds
REFUND POLICY: Entries are non-refundable and cannot be transferred from person to person.